Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's for hubby!

OK, so this Sandra (the mom) and I stole this idea! I got it from Pintrest, my new all time favorite website! What a way to share ideas, if you haven't joined yet you should! I, being devoid of any original ideas (and if I ever think I have one, I soon find out that 500,000 people, who are all more creative than I am, have already been doing it!) wanted to come up with a valentine that had a gun theme since my husband bought me a cute little pink gun (Pictured above) for Christmas and we have been going out as much as possible target shooting with friends.

Well, Pintrest miraculously came through for me through this link...and I didn't even have to ask! LOL!

http://sherellechristensen.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/stick-em-up-valentines.html

I won't plagiarize Sherelle's Blog as she had a wonderful idea and deserves all the credit so if you want to do what she did go see her site. After visiting her site if you are like me and are an overachiever, you will take her idea to and even higher level! Here is the result of my efforts!

The original design looks it is easy and simple to do and is a perfectly wonderful pattern to follow. She has the design so when printed you can fit 2 Valentine's on one piece of paper. I wanted to make mine bigger so my complete project shown here is laying on a letter sized piece of paper. I also measured it out and used the printer to put my husbands name at the top of the holster. This would have been easier to do with a sharpie but my handwriting is REALLY pathetic so it was well worth it to use the printer.

For the gun I took the photo of my gun and reworked it in Photo Shop. I deleted all but the black part of the gun and then outlined the pink part in black. I added the lettering and printed it out on to pink card stock in the size that I wanted. Since I was printing on pink card stock I did the lettering in white so the pink would show through. The little heart on the gun stock I did in red to make it print darker... I am not sure that was necessary. I will add the stick of gum to the end as in the original but haven't done that yet. I hope my husband loves it! I think he will. His friends told me he was so excited to buy me the gun for Christmas and we have had such good times enjoying the great outdoors together since I have had it. 

That's all for today folks!

If you have time please visit the Brunsell Girls Etsy Stores.
www.sillydogmagnets.com Brianna's store
www.delendeart.etsy.com Sandra's Store
www.thespidersweb.etsy.com Sandra's other store

No comments:

Post a Comment